Why join HFEM?
HFEM members enjoy the following benefits:
1. Increased credibility
The HFEM is the only professional society in Malaysia dedicated solely to human factors/ergonomics (HFE) and human-computer interaction (HCI) specialists. Being a member of the Society indicates to colleagues, clients and potential employers that you are a qualified and respected professional.
2. Enhanced opportunities for networking
Joining the HFEM provides opportunity to meet other HFE and HCI professionals. The Society’s Annual Conference provides a setting to connect with people. As a Society member, you have access to the Membership Directory, which provides a link to HFE and HCI professionals in Malaysia.
3. Members can use the affiliation MHFEM
The affiliation can be added to your business card, letterhead and CV to indicate that you are a recognised HFE/HCI professional .
4. Free access to publications
- HFEM Newsletter,a quarterly newsletter bringing members news about important activities and people related to the field, conference notices, and Society news.
- HFEM Membership Directory, a listing of each member of the Society, their contact details and areas of specialisation.
5. You can attend and participate in the HFEM Annual Conference
The HFEM Conference is the main HFEM event each year, covering all aspects of HFE and HCI. This is a great opportunity to learn about new developments in the field. There is the chance to present a paper yourself or run a workshop. The social activities at the conference give excellent opportunity to meet with other professionals and to catch up with old friends. HFEM members pay a reduced registration fee to attend the conference.
6. You can participate in Special Interest Groups
The HFEM constitution allows for the development of Special Interest Groups, or SIGs, to be formed under the auspices of the Society. These are open to all members with a particular interest in the topic, and are a valuable way to link with other professionals who are also working in your field, or who have a genuine interest in it. Special Interest Groups are run by members, for members – if you would like to start one for your area of work and can generate sufficient interest from other members, all you need to do is apply to HFEM Board.
7. Discounts from book and journal publishers
HFEM members receive discounts from publishers for books and journals from leading publishers, identified by HFEM.