Chairman: Mohd Hafzi Md Isa, Head of Crash Safety Engineering Unit, Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS)
The Transportation Special Interest Group intends to provide a platform for relevant stakeholders for any activities related to human factors and ergonomics (HFE) in the area of Transportation, covering both land and aviation sectors.
The main objectives of the Transportation Special Interest Group are to:
- Promote the awareness of ergonomics in transportation industry through various initiatives
- Assist HFE professionals to develop better understanding and expertise of issues in transportation industry
- Encourage discussion, debate and support among members and public
- Respond to ensure HFEM are represented in the development of standards or consultative documents relating to transportation ergonomics
- Arrange networking events and forge links with relevant professional bodies, government agencies, universities etc.
- Periodically update the HFEM executive committee of the development, planning and activities of the SIG Transportation
Special Interest Group Committee
The current committee members consist of academicians and practitioners.
- Ahmad Khushairy Makhtar, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UiTM Shah Alam
- Helmi Rashid, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UiTM Shah Alam
- Kannan Perumal, Adjunct Professor, International Business School, UTM Kuala Lumpur
- Joel Lim, Managing Director, JIT Training & Resources
The SIG welcomes new application to become the committee members. The benefits of joining the SIG would include knowledge sharing among the members, consultation on related matters, trainings and opportunities for career advancements. Kindly email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Technical Visit to Air Traffic Controller (ATC), 24 October 2017 KLIA West Tower
- Crash Testing & Vehicle Safety Course, 13-14 November 2017, MIROS PC3 Melaka
- Road Safety & Motorcycle Ergonomics Talk, 22 November 2017, UiTM Shah Alam
- Career Talk in Aviation, 25 November 2017, UiTM Shah Alam
- Hazard Indentification on the Road – 01/08/18 & 19/09/18
- Human Factors in Road Safety – 24/10/18
- Motorcycle Ergonomics – 13/09/18 & 01/11/18