Chairman: Mohd Hafzi Md Isa, Head of Crash Safety Engineering Unit, Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS)
The Transportation Special Interest Group intends to provide a platform for relevant stakeholders for any activities related to human factors and ergonomics (HFE) in the area of Transportation, covering both land and aviation sectors.
The main objectives of the Transportation Special Interest Group are to:
- Promote HFE methodologies and best practices in Transportation
- Provide a platform for networking with subject matter experts
- Provide HFE trainings on Transportation for members and non-members of HFEM
- Become a one-stop centre for members and non-members to refer to for any HFE activities with regards to Transportation
Special Interest Group Committee
The current committee members consist of academicians and practitioners.
- Ahmad Khushairy Makhtar, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UiTM Shah Alam
- Helmi Rashid, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UiTM Shah Alam
- Kannan Perumal, Adjunct Professor, International Business School, UTM Kuala Lumpur
- Joel Lim, Managing Director, JIT Training & Resources
The SIG welcomes new application to become the committee members. The benefits of joining the SIG would include knowledge sharing among the members, consultation on related matters, trainings and opportunities for career advancements. Kindly email your interest to email@example.com for consideration.
- Crash Testing & Vehicle Safety Course, 13-14 November 2017, MIROS PC3 Melaka
- Road Safety & Motorcycle Ergonomics Talk, 22 November 2017, UiTM Shah Alam
- Career Talk in Aviation, 25 November 2017, UiTM Shah Alam
- Technical Visit to Air Traffic Controller (ATC), date to be confirmed