Chair: Helmi Rashid, UiTM Shah Alam, Selangor.
The Transportation Special Interest Group intends to provide a platform for relevant stakeholders for any activities related to human factors and ergonomics (HFE) in the area of Transportation, covering both land and aviation sectors.
The main objectives of the Transportation Special Interest Group are to:
- Promote the awareness of ergonomics in transportation industry through various initiatives
- Assist HFE professionals to develop better understanding and expertise of issues in transportation industry
- Encourage discussion, debate and support among members and public
- Respond to ensure HFEM are represented in the development of standards or consultative documents relating to transportation ergonomics
- Arrange networking events and forge links with relevant professional bodies, government agencies, universities etc.
- Periodically update the HFEM executive committee of the development, planning and activities of the SIG Transportation
Special Interest Group Committee
The current committee members consist of academicians and practitioners.
Advisor:Raemy Md Zein
Chair: Helmi Rashid
Mohd Hafzi Md Isa
Joel Lim Soo Yeen
Ahmad Khushairy Makhtar
Aqbal Hafeez Ariffin
Mohd Firdaus Mohd Siam
Wan Muhammad Syahmi Wan Fauzi
Nor Kamaliana Mohd Khamis
The SIG welcomes new application to become the committee members. The benefits of joining the SIG would include knowledge sharing among the members, consultation on related matters, training and opportunities for career advancements. Kindly email your interest to email@example.com for consideration.
- Driving Ergonomics: Prevention not Reaction! on 19/08/2018 at Wisma Perkeso Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Aviation Ergonomics on 19/08/2018 at Wisma Perkeso Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Motorcycle Ergonomics on 13/09/2018 at CIESH Excellent Academy, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
- Human Factors in Road Safety on 24/10/2018 at CIESH Excellent Academy, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
- Human Factors in Road Safety on 31/10/2018 at FMM Penang Branch, Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang
- Introduction to Hazard Identification on the Road
-01/11/2018 at FMM Penang Branch, Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang
-23/11/2018 at ASTRO Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur
- Motorcycle Ergonomics on 11/12/2018 at FMM Penang Branch, Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang
- Technical Visit to Air Traffic Controller (ATC) on 24 October 2017 at KLIA West Tower
- Crash Testing & Vehicle Safety Course on 13-14 November 2017 at MIROS PC3 Melaka
- Road Safety & Motorcycle Ergonomics Talk on 22 November 2017 at UiTM Shah Alam
- Career Talk in Aviation on 25 November 2017 at UiTM Shah Alam