Training: Ergonomics Trained Person (ETP) 18-19 Oct 2022 Ergonomics Risk Assessment (Initial)Venue : Palm Garden...Read More
Ergonomics Trained Person (Advanced ERA) course offers a combination of methods in two days sessions. The following is several methods of choice:
- Rapid Upper Limb Assessment (RULA) – for postural assessment
- Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA) – for postural assessment
- Rapid Office Strain Assessment (ROSA) – for office-based task assessment
- Assessment of Repetitive Tasks (ART) – for assessment of repetitive tasks of the upper limbs
- Manual Handling Assessment Chart – Forceful Exertion
- Risk Assessment for Pushing and Pulling (RAPP) – Forceful Exertion
- Quick Exposure Checklist (QEC) for the Assessments of Workplace Risks – for Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WMSDs)
- Manual Handling Assessment Chart (MAC)
This course is the sequence of initial ergonomics risk assessment guideline 2017 developed by DOSH. This course will give participants the insight of reporting ergonomics risk assessment based on each of the significant risk factors including environmental ergonomics risks.
The advanced method will cover general method used to assess risk factors related to postural risk and manual handling issues. Participants will be trained by using various video samples, including intratester reliability test in order to achieve the same level of understanding.
Training will cover the overall understanding of the ergonomics guidelines with emphasize on advanced ergonomics risk assessment and suggested method in preparing a report. Participants will be trained to be the trained person in conducting and reporting the outcome for DOSH under Section 15 of OSH Act 1994
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the extension of of ergonomics assessment method corresponding to each ergonomics risk factors
- Identify an appropriate Ergonomics Tool for detailed assessment of each corresponding ergonomics risk factors
- Conduct advanced ergonomics assessment of workers for each work activities at workplaces
- Carry out advanced survey of ergonomics-related injuries or musculoskeletal disorders among employees.
1. Introduction to physical ergonomics
2. Health effect due to exposure to ergonomics risk factors
3. Sign and symptoms of ergonomics-related injuries and MSDs
4. Ergonomics risk factors
5. Use of ergonomics checklist (including hands-on practical)
6. Procedure to correctly fill in and manage self-assessment form (Appendix 1) and complaint from (Appendix 2).
7. Advanced methods for assessment for the following risks (options):
- Postural-Office (ROSA)
- Postural (RULA)
- Repetitive (ART)
- Forceful Exertion (MAC)
- Quick Exposure Check (QEC)
- Assessment of Repetitive Task (ART)
8. Ergonomics control measures, improvement and management program
9. Guide to report writing for Advanced ERA
- Safety Officer
- HR Manager and
- Executive Safety Manager
- Safety Executive
- Safety Promoter
The following are several methods that will be engaged in order to ensure the effectiveness of the course. Participant is encouraged to bring their own laptop to prepare assignment and assessment report.
HFEM ETP Trainer
HFEM established a stringent requirement for anyone to be recognized as a HFEM ETP trainer. Most of our ETP trainers are a member of Technical Committee for DOSH Guidelines for Ergonomics Risk Assessment at Workplace (2017).
Click the photo to see our ETP trainers’ profile.
In compliance with DOSH ERA GUIDELINES 2017 and Systematic Occupational Health Enhancement Level Program (SOHELP) Requirement.
- Certificate of attendance issued upon completion the course with full attendance
- Certificate of completion issued upon completion and successfully pass the assessment (writing test and individual report assignment)
Officially acknowledged in DOSH website – Department of Occupational Safety and Health Malaysia (DOSH)- JKKP HIE 127/171-9/P1 Klt 2 (18)
HFEM offers affordable and competitive training fee, with special rate for HFEM members.