On 16-17 December 2022, HFEM organized 2-days Design Thinking Bootcamp: Ergobility 2022 at Fakulti Teknologi Kejuruteraan Mekanikal (FKTM) A (DPU2/MPU1), UniMAP. The program was participated 40 students and practitioners.
As a means to quickly spread the basic of Design Thinking throughout as many participants as possible, the 2 days bootcamp on the basic of Design Thinking and its application as the framework for innovation is proposed, here are a handful of facilitators in the art of Design Thinking shall tour the country and conducting as many bootcamps as possible. In order that skills learned in these bootcamps are not lost, ErgoLympic 2023 where participants can further improve their skills must be setup.
The objectives of the Bootcamp are to train participants to be able to:
- Define what is innovation and understand the difference between innovation, creativity, and invention
- Know the taxonomy and types of innovations
- Familiar with the framework for creative making based on Design Thinking
- Apply the technique of understanding and observation as a means to gather inspiration
- Familiar with a number of effective thinking techniques and their application to generate ideas
- Apply prototyping techniques to evaluate ideas
- Understand the importance of ergonomics value in design and innovation and be able to estimate them
- Use appropriate communication techniques to communicate concepts and ideas