HFEM Executive Board (2023-2025)
The HFEM Executive Board members are elected during Annual Grand Meeting 2023 for two years term. Our role is to ensure the main business and strategic planning for the Society are running smoothly. We are committed in engaging with members and partners that interested in ergonomics and human factors fields, to achieve the objective and mission of the society.
Professor Dr. Shamsul Bahri Md. Tamrin
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ng Yee Guan
Immediate Past President HFEM
Words from President
Dear Members and Stakeholders of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Malaysia (HFEM),
Allow me to extend my gratitude for the privilege to serve as the President of HFEM. This is a responsibility I wholeheartedly embrace, and I’m excited to embark on this journey with you all.
Our society is poised for remarkable growth, and I’m eager to share our vision and aspirations.
We envision HFEM as not just an organization but a thriving community with a shared vision. Together, we are committed to advancing the field of human factors and ergonomics in Malaysia and beyond, while nurturing future leaders.
– Nurturing Leadership: Our primary focus is to groom a new generation of leaders within HFEM who will steer our mission forward with innovation and dedication.
– Strategic Roadmap: Our roadmap for 2024 to 2026, guided by key performance indicators (KPIs), will lead us toward excellence in human factors and ergonomics.
– Professional Development: We are dedicated to establishing and enhancing certifications, continuing professional education (CPE), and ergonomics training programs (ETP) to support our members’ growth.
– Introducing MyHFE: MyHFE, a dedicated wing of HFEM, will spearhead certifications, consultation, and business engagement in the corporate sector, promoting our field’s importance.
– Global Recognition: We aim to index the HFEM Journal (HFEJ) in Scopus, elevating our research on the global stage and highlighting our commitment to scholarly excellence.
– Global Collaborations: Internationally, we will strengthen our presence in SEANES and collaborate with organizations worldwide through Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs).
– Research Funding: We aspire to be a bridge between academia and industry, fostering innovation and economic growth within human factors and ergonomics.
– Student Chapter: Our commitment extends to nurturing our Student Chapter, providing mentorship and opportunities for our future leaders to thrive.
In Conclusion, HFEM is more than an organization; it is a collective of passionate individuals working toward a common goal. With your unwavering support, I am confident that we will achieve our ambitious goals together.
Let us move forward with determination, collaboration, and a shared commitment to advancing human factors and ergonomics in Malaysia and beyond.
Thank you for your dedication. Together, we will establish HFEM as a beacon of excellence in our field.
For any questions or to get involved, please feel free to reach out. Your engagement and enthusiasm are key to our success.
Prof Dr Shamsul Bahri Md Tamrin
Ts. Dr. Ahmad Khushairy Makhtar
Vice President I
Ts. Dr. Mohd Zubairy Shamsudin
Vice President II
Dr. Ummi Noor Nazahiah Binti Abdullah
Ts. Norashiken Binti Othman
Dr. Nor Kamaliana Binti Khamis
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dian Darina Indah Daruis
Mr. Raemy Md Zein
Ts. Mrs Manjula A/P Rajakumar
Mr. Irsyad Danish Khor bin Abdullah
Special Interest Group (SIG)
HFEM established SIG Engineering, Ergonomic in Design for All (EinDfA), Occupational Ergonomics, and Transportation for HFEM members to participate in the specific area of ergonomics and human factors practices. SIG Chairs are appointed based on their competency and active involvement in the Society.